Antipasti : Erbazzione (spinach filled pie)
Erbazzione (spinach filled pie)COOKING TIME: 1 hour
SERVING SIZE: 10-12
- 1 or 2 pie crust (depending on preference)
- 2 medium diced onions
- 2 tablespoons of My Brothers Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 cloves of diced garlic
- 2 packages of frozen spinach (10oz)
- 1 1/2 cups of Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 beaten eggs
- pepper (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- Follow pie crust instructions and thaw before cooking.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Saute onions, garlic, spinach in the olive oil for 7-8 minutes, stirring often.
- Add vegetables to a mixing bowl and add the salt and pepper, then let cool.
- Add two beaten eggs and the cheese to the bowl and mix all the contents.
- In a pie dish lay down one crust and press it down ensure all sides are firm.
- Fill the mixture into the pie crust and let it spread out. If you choose to add another crust do so now and seal all the edges on the rim. Make a few holes in the top pie crust to create holes for air to escape.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes and the let the pie cool for 15 minutes before serving.
This is a pie filled with cooked spinach and cheese. It is enjoyed as an antipasti or a small snack.