Antipasti : Homemade Arancini (Rice Balls)
Homemade Arancini (Rice Balls)COOKING TIME: 20
SERVING SIZE: 4
- 3 tbsp My Brothers extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups Carnaroli Rice
- 4 oz white wine
- 30 oz chicken stock
- 3 eggs
- Isola Bufala Mozzerella
- Isola Sweet Basil Sauce
- All- purpose flour
- Add the rice to a large saute pan with heated oil and stirring quickly for one or two minutes.
- Quickly add the white wine while stirring allowing it to absorb the wine.
- With the heat on medium high, begin adding the chicken stock a little at a time, and continuously stirring, until all the stock has been used and the rice is cooked, yet still al dente.
- Add an egg to the risotto and mix well, then refrigerate for a few hours, or overnight.
- Place some rice in your hand and flatten it into your cupped hand, but don’t make it too thin, or the filling will ooze out.
- Place a piece of mozzarella, and/or a little tomato sauce in the center of the cupped rice.
- Next, close the rice around the filling and shape into a ball.
- Now, roll the shaped arancini in flour.
- Then, roll them in two of the beaten eggs.
- Finally, roll in the breadcrumbs.
- Set aside until all of the rice has been used.
- Heat some oil in a deep fryer, pot or wok until it is very hot.
- Add the arancini, and cook quickly, turning often so they don’t brown too much on one side.
- Remove from oil and place on paper towel lined plate or tray.
- Serve plain, or place on tray with a little tomato sauce and garnish with basil.