Antipasti : Melanzane al Forno (baked eggplant)
Melanzane al Forno (baked eggplant)COOKING TIME: 45 Minutes
SERVING SIZE: 6
- 2 very large round Sicilian-type eggplants
- 4 tbsp Isola My Brothers Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 cloves garlic peeled and cut into 6 slivers each
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 5 sprigs Italian parsley leaves only
- Carefully wash the eggplants and remove the stems. Cut the eggplants horizontally into 1- inch-thick slices.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Oil two 13 x 8 3/4- inch baking dishes with 1 tablespoon of the oil each.
- Arrange the eggplant slices in each baking dish in a single layer. Add 2 slivers of garlic into each slice. Season the slices with salt and pepper. Pour the remaining oil over the slices.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove the baking dishes from the oven and transfer the eggplant slices to a serving platter.
- Sprinkle them with the parsley leaves and serve immediately.