Brunch : Italian Eggs Benedict
Italian Eggs BenedictCOOKING TIME: 20 Minutes
SERVING SIZE: 4
- 4 Slices of Toasted Italian Bread (cut thick)
- 4 whole eggs
- 4 eggs yolks
- 4 Tablespoon of Isola Basil Pesto Butter
- 1 Package of Isola Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 Sliced Tomatoes
- 4 Slices of Prosciutto
- 1 Tablespoon of Lemon Juice
- Pouch the eggs in boiling water being careful not to break them. Let them cook for about three minutes then carefully remove.
- In a glass bowl large enough to cover the boiling water add the egg yolks, lemon juice and butter. Lay the bowl over the boiling water while being sure the water is not touching the bowl the bowl. Whip the contents of the bowl being sure not let them turn into scrambled eggs. Continually stir until it’s frothy and doubled in size. If your sauce gets too dry and thick, you can add a few tbs of water.
- When finished set aside then on four plates add the toasted Italian bread, prosciutto, mozzerella, tomatoes, eggs, and sauce on top. Add salt and pepper to taste, a side salad tosed with olive oil and enjoy!