Brunch : Panettone French Toast
Panettone French ToastCOOKING TIME: 20 Minutes
SERVING SIZE: 4
- 1 Tablespoon of Casa Giulia Orange Preserves
- 1 tbsp honey
- 4 ~ 1/2 inch thick slices of Panettone
- 2 each bananas; fresh; peeled; 1/8 inch thick slices
- 3 each fresh eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tbsp My Brother's Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup Mascarpone Cheese
- Orange Mascarpone Cream: Place Cheese and Preserves in a bowl. Whisk ingredients together until a cream is formed. Refrigerate for one hour or until needed. This can be prepared up to two days in advance.
- Panettone French Toast: Place the panettone on a clean surface. Top with sliced bananas and sandwich two slices together. You should have two large sandwiches of panettone. Carefully cut each sandwich in half then half again, half again and finally half again for 8 equal pie-shaped pieces. Refrigerate and then combine the eggs, milk, cinnamon and nutmeg. Whisk together in a bowl. Strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer. Dredge the panettone-banana sandwiches into the egg mixture for 10-15 seconds. Place the dredged sandwiches onto a small tray. In a large heavy-bottom pan add the olive oil and heat over a medium flame. Add the panettone-banana sandwiches to the pan and cook until a light golden brown is formed. Carefully turn onto its second side and cook until a light golden brown in formed again. Place the panettone French toast on paper towels to drain for a moment. Arrange the panettone onto a plate drizzle with the orange mascarpone cream and dust with the powdered sugar. Serve at once.