Desserts : Cherries in Brandy with Vincotto Granita
Cherries in Brandy with Vincotto GranitaCOOKING TIME: 2 hours and 15 minutes
SERVING SIZE: Serves 4
- 2/3 cup classic vincotto
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon liquid glucose
- 12 cherries in brandy (or other fruit)
- Gently heat all the ingredients (except for the fruit) for 7-8 minutes (it must not boil).
- Remove from heat and cool into a Bain Marie of ice.
- Then place into freezer. Remove every 1 hour and lightly stir until the desired consistency of granita is reached.
- Place cherries in oven (350F) and heat for only 4 minutes. Serve with the Vincotto granita.