Desserts : Hazelnut Cake (Torta di Nocciola)
Hazelnut Cake (Torta di Nocciola)COOKING TIME: 1 hour and 15 minutes
SERVING SIZE: 10-12
- 6 tablespoons unsalted melted butter
- 2 1/2 cups skinned and toasted hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 cup of sugar
- 4 eggs seperated
- salt (a pinch)
- Powdered Sugar (topping)
- Whipped Cream (topping)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Finely grind your hazelnuts in a food processor, if you do not have a food processor buy them already chopped. Transfer them to a mixing bowl with the flour and baking powder.
- In another bowl add egg yolks and sugar and which well, it should be thick before you add the butter.
- Combine the two bowls into the larger of the two and stir well.
- In a small bowl add egg whites and salt. Add a little of the egg whites to the batter and fold it well to loosen it. Repeat until all the egg whites are mixed in.
- In a greased cake pan scrape the batter and smooth well.
- Bake the cake for 40 minutes and be sure it is lightly browned and fully cooked in the middle before taking it out.
- Let the cake cool on a rack for 30 minutes before adding the powdered sugar and cream.
Add Recipe Kit To Cart
A cake cooked with hazelnuts from the region that created Nutella! With a sweet blend of sugar and hazelnuts it is a very popular dish.