Desserts : Italian Cheesecake
Italian CheesecakeCOOKING TIME: 1 1/2 hour
SERVING SIZE: 8
- 16 oz of Cream Cheese
- 2 packages of Isola Baked Ricotta
- 1 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 cups of Plain Greek Yogurt
- 3 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons of Flour
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- Casa Giiulia Preserves~ Wildberry for topping
- Cookie Crust:
- 1 package of Amaretti cookies
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons of butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl combine the cookies, sugar, butter and cinnamon for the crust and mix well.
- In a Pie Plate no larger than 9 inches add the crust to the bottom
- Bake in the preheated oven for 7 minutes and let cool
- Lower the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut ricotta into small cubes and mix all the ingredients in a bowl until fully blended.
- In a lightly greased oven safe dish add mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven 1 hour; turn oven off and let the cake cool in the oven for an additional half hour.
- Remove from oven and leave in fridge until fully cooled before serving.
- Serve with preserves for additional flavor.
Adding Isola's Baked Ricotta is a great way add flavor and lower fat content.