Desserts : Italian Lemon Knots
Italian Lemon KnotsCOOKING TIME: 15 minutes
SERVING SIZE: 6
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs beaten
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 2 sticks margarine (melted and cooked)
- 1 cup milk
- 5 cups flour (you will add more when kneading the dough)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 capfuls lemon oil (optional)
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- Mix well the melted butter, sugar, milk, eggs, lemon juice and lemon oil. Stir the flour and baking powder once.
- Add the flour mixture to the eggs etc. slowly. When the mixture gets dry enough, turn it out onto a board and slowly knead gently the rest of the flour in.
- Take a piece of dough and roll into a walnut size ball. Then roll the ball into a rope shape and then tie into a knot. Use a greased baking sheet. Use middle or top shelf because they burn easily.
- Cook 365 degrees for 10 minutes.
Note: If you use lemon oil only use half the amount of lemon juice.
Add Recipe Kit To Cart