Desserts : Risotto Rice Pudding with Cherries in Brandy
Risotto Rice Pudding with Cherries in BrandyCOOKING TIME: 30 Minutes
SERVING SIZE: 6
- 1 lb Isola Arborio Rice
- 6 cups whole milk
- 1 whole orange peel
- 1 lb 4 oz granulated sugar
- 1 vanilla bean split
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pint heavy cream
- Cherries in Brandy
- Rinse rice in a strainer and parboil just in enough milk to cover it for about 5-7 minutes.
- In a larger sauce pan bring the 6 cups of milk to scalding, add orange peel, sugar, vanilla bean and the parboil rice together.
- Cook over very low heat stirring frequently until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat discard orange peel and bean.
- Add spices and enough heavy cream to form a creamy consistency. Garnish with Flambar Cherries in Brandy about 3 per.