Desserts : Wild Berry and Mascarpone Pie with Cookie Crust
Wild Berry and Mascarpone Pie with Cookie CrustCOOKING TIME: 20 minutes (with 8 hour wait time)
SERVING SIZE: 8
- Cookie Crust:
- 2 cups of crumbled Isola Lemon Frolletti Cookies
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1/4 cup of sugar (optional)
- 8 ounces Mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup of Wild berry Preserves
- 2 pints of fresh berries (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, or blackberries)
- 2 tablespoons of berry liquor
- 1/2 cup of crumbled Frolletti cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Crumble cookies well with either a food processor or blender. if you don have either in the unopened bag smash the cookies well.
- Mix all ingredients into a bowl and mix until thick and smooth, and scrap crust into a pie pan. Be sure to smooth the crust down and well on the edges.
- Cook in oven for 8-10 minutes or until crisped.
- Set aside and let it fully cool.
- In a large bowl beat the Mascarpone cheese and sugar until smooth. Add lemon zest for additional taste if you so choose.
- In another bowl whip the cream with the vanilla until it begins to stiffen. Scoop some of the cream into the cheese mix to lighten it and fold it in well.
- Let the cream and cheese to rest in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve mix the jam and liquor to create a sauce. Place the chilled mix with the berries into the pie crust, sprinkle additional crumbled Frolletti cookies and drizzle the jam mixture on top.