Easy Weekday Dinners : Basil Pesto Eggplant Parmigiana
Basil Pesto Eggplant ParmigianaCOOKING TIME: 30 Minutes
SERVING SIZE: 2-3
- 1 ~ drained and sliced Kalamata Olives
- 6 oz Isola Basil Pesto with Fennel
- 4 oz shredded mozzarella
- 1 ~ 26oz jar Isola Porcini Mushroom Pasta Sauce
- 6 oz Grated Romano
- 6 to 8 long thin slices fresh eggplant
- Combine Olives with Isola Basil Pesto with Fennel and mozzarella in a bowl and reserve.
- Pour half the Isola Porcini Mushroom Pasta Sauce into a large greased baking dish.
- Place eggplant slices on the sauce. Divide olive mixture over eggplant.
- Top with remaining pasta sauce. Sprinkle each slice with grated Romano cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees until top is golden and bubbling. Will build three layers of Parmigiana.
Recipe courtesy of Romeo & Sons Pittsburgh PA