Easy Weekday Dinners : Farrotto con funghi misti (mixed mushroom)
Farrotto con funghi misti (mixed mushroom)COOKING TIME: 30 Minutes
SERVING SIZE: 4
- 2 ounces My Brothers Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic chopped
- 4 ounces wild mixed mushrooms
- 4 ounces Italian Farro soaked in water
- 8 ounces chicken broth
- 2 ounces butter
- 2 ounces grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Italian parsley or fresh basil
- In a large sauce pan heat the Olive Oil and add the chopped garlic and lightly toast.
- Add the wild mushrooms and sauté. Add the farro and sauté for about three minutes.
- Deglaze with the chicken stock and let simmer for about 15 minutes or until the farro has swollen and soft. When this has happened take the farro off the fire and melt in the butter and parmensan cheese.
- Add parsley, adjust the seasoning with salt and black pepper, and serve hot.
- Drizzle with a little Olive Oil on top of the farro before serving
Compliments of Tony Priolo Executive Chef & Owner, Piccolo Sogno