Easy Weekday Dinners : Fusilli con Le Luganighe
Fusilli con Le LuganigheCOOKING TIME: 25 Minutes
SERVING SIZE: 3-4
- 1 Italian Sausage (hot or mild) casing removed
- 1 small Spanish Onion diced
- 1 cup Crimini mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup Pinot Grigio
- 1 oz dry Porcini mushrooms (soaked and cleaned)
- 1 cup Pomodoro sauce
- Salt and Pepper
- Grated Pecorino Romano
- 1 lb Fusilli Pasta
- 4 tbsp My Brother's Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 - 14 oz can peeled Isola Tomatoes
- 4 Leaves of fresh basil
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in the skillet and cook sausage until they brown add the onion and mushrooms. This should take 3-4 minutes.
- Add the wine, let the alcohol evaporate. Add the porcini mushrooms, cook a few minutes.
- Add the pomodoro sauce, salt and pepper, tomatoes and cook for twenty minutes.
- Boil the Fusilli pasta in plenty of salted water for eight minutes and drain, add to the pan with the sauce.
- Serve with Pecorino cheese.
In Northern Italy homemade sausages are often called Luganighe.