Easy Weekday Dinners : Garbanzo Beans with Basil Pesto Sauce
Garbanzo Beans with Basil Pesto SauceCOOKING TIME: 20 Minutes
SERVING SIZE: 4
- 1 ~ 6oz Isola Basil Pesto
- Fresh Basil
- 1 can drained Garbanzo beans
- 1 Cup diced fresh spinach
- 8 oz diced celery
- 8 oz sundried tomatoes salad
- 2 oz white diced onions
- 4 oz diced Italian salami
- 2 tablespoons My Brother's Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon fresh garlic
- 1 Cup of Small Fregula
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon of Salt
- Bring Water to a boil in large pan. Add salt, 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil and Fregula to pan and cover. After 5 minutes stir Fregula until water is absorbed.
- In a separate large pan toss the Spinach, Garlic, Onion, and Olive Oil in pan. Cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add Garbanzo beans and pesto to pan cook for 5 minutes or until ingredients are soft.
- Combine the two pans together and top off with My Brother's Olive Oil for addition taste. Then plate and serve!
The key to this dish is the Isola Fresh Basil Pesto.
Recipe courtesy of Romeo & Sons Pittsburgh PA