Easy Weekday Dinners : Lentil Stew with Sausages
Lentil Stew with SausagesCOOKING TIME: 1 1/2 hours
SERVING SIZE: 4
- 1 1/2 cups lentils
- Sea salt
- 4 strips bacon
- 2 tbsp My Brothers Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 onion
- 1 stick celery
- 1 - 14oz can Isola Chopped Tomatoes
- 4 cups meat stock
- 3/4lb Italian Fresh Sausage
Prep Lentils night before!
1) Soak the lentils the night before in lightly salted lukewarm water.
2) Cut the bacon across into pieces and fry gently in a pan with 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp butter.
3) Chop the onion and celery finely and fry gently for a few minutes.
4) Add the well-drained lentils and the chopped tomatoes and pour in the hot meat stock. Cover the pan and cook the lentils for 1 hour over a low heat.
5) Fry the sauage (salsicce) in a pan with 1 tbsp olive oil. When they are nearly cooked season the lentils with salt and pepper and add the sausage (salsicce).
6) Serve on soup plates and enjoy!Add Recipe Kit To Cart