Easy Weekday Dinners : Orecchiette & Beans
Orecchiette & BeansCOOKING TIME: 15 minutes
SERVING SIZE: 3-4
- 1 lb Isola Orecchiette Pasta
- 1-14oz can Isola Cannellini Beans
- 3oz bacon cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 can (14oz) Isola Whole Peeled Tomatoes
- Celery - finely chopped
- Hot Pepper flakes
- My Brother's Oil Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese, shaved
- Put water on to boil for pasta with a little salt if desired - add Isola Pasta to boiling water and cook until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking - cut bacon into one inch pieces, cook then drain the bacon grease, wipe the skillet clean of the grease, add olive oil to skillet, with bacon, garlic, finely chopped celery and hot pepper, lightly saute.
- Add Isola Cannellini beans and Isola Peeled Tomatoes.
- When serving you can either mix the beans and tomatoes with the Isola Pasta or let your guests add their own sauce.
- Add fresh Basil garnish and shaved Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and enjoy with crusty Italian bread and a salad!