Easy Weekday Dinners : Orecchiette with Arugula & Tomatoes
Orecchiette with Arugula & TomatoesCOOKING TIME: 30 Minutes
SERVING SIZE: 3-4
- 3 Tbsp My Brother's Oil
- 1 Tbsp thinly sliced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups Isola Chopped Tomatoes, drained
- Salt & freshly ground white pepper
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 lb dried Isola Orecchiette pasta
- 1 1/2 cups sliced arugula
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano, divided
- In a covered pasta pot over high heat, bring water to a rapid boil.
- Meanwhile, in a large saute pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until translucent but not browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Add tomatoes and salt and pepper to taste. Reduce heat to low and simmer until sauce thickens slightly, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- While sauce is simmering, add salt and orecchiette to the boiling water and cook, uncovered, over high heat until pasta is al dente. Scoop out about 1 cup of the pasta water and set aside. Drain pasta.
- Return tomato mixture to high heat. Add 2 Tbsp of the reserved pasta water and heat through. Add orecchiette and, using a wooden spoon, toss to coat evenly, adding more pasta water if necessary. Add arugula and cook just unitl it wilts, about 30 seconds. Taste for seasoning, adding salt and pepper if necessary. Add half of the Pecorino Romano and toss well.
- Transfer to a large serving bowl and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Serve immediately.
Add Recipe Kit To Cart
Recipe from: 250 True Italian Pasta Dishes, inspired by Quartino Ristorante, Chicago, IL Chef John Coletta