Easy Weekday Dinners : Pasta Puttanesca
Pasta PuttanescaCOOKING TIME: 30 Minutes
SERVING SIZE: 2-3
- 1 jar of Isola Anchovies with Spicy Red Peppers
- 1 package of Isola Linguine
- 1/3 jar of Isola Capers
- 1/2 jar of Isola Mediterranean Olives
- 1/2 can of Isola Cherry Tomatoes sliced in half
- 2 Tablespoons of My Brothers Olive oil
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- Ground Pepper to taste
- Fresh Basil leaves (three cut up leaves)
- Kosher Salt (to taste)
- Boil a pot of water and then cook linguine to Al Dente (read back of bag for time)
- In a separate skillet while the pasta is cooking put in olive oil, garlic, and red pepper oil from anchovies for two minutes and lightly stir.
- Add Sliced Olives and capers to the skillet for an additional two minutes.
- Lightly crush tomato halves and add them to skillet be sure to also add all of the juice.
- Let the sauce thicken by placing it on a medium/low heat and add the basil and the anchovies to the oil.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper.
- From the finished pasta take a 1/2 of the water and drain the rest.
- Add the pasta, reserved water and sauce to the drained pasta pot. Stir well and serve!
Pasta Puttanesca is a popular dish due to how quickly it takes to make! In under 30 minutes you can have a delicious seafood dish that is truly gourmet.