Easy Weekday Dinners : Pollo alla Potentina (Potenza-style chicken)
Pollo alla Potentina (Potenza-style chicken)COOKING TIME: 1 hour and 15 minutes
SERVING SIZE: 4
- 1 chicken 2 3/4 lbs
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp My Brothers Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 onion sliced
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 ~ 28oz can Isola chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp chopped basil
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup of Pecorino Grated Cheese
- Wash and joint the chicken.
- Heat the butter and oil in a skillet, add the onions and then brown the chicken pieces on all sides.
- Add wine and as soon as the wine has reduced add the cans of tomatoes, basil, parsley and crushed red pepper.
- Cover and leave to cook over a low heat for about 1 hour adding water occasionally if necessary.
- Finish off with sprinkling Romano cheese over chicken and serve. You may also want to add a few garbanzo beans!