Easy Weekday Dinners : Roasted Fillet of Beef with Truffle Sauce
Roasted Fillet of Beef with Truffle SauceCOOKING TIME: 30 Minutes
SERVING SIZE: 6
- 1 cup reduced beef broth
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp flour
- 2 tsp La Rustichella Tartufette Sliced Black Truffles
- 4 Isola Anchovy fillets
- 1 shallot minced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh Italian parsley
- 1 hard cooked egg yolk
- Fresh lemon juice
- My Brother's Olive Oil
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp My Brother's olive oil
- 1- 2 pound beef tenderloin
- 2 tsp La Rustichella Sliced black Truffles for garnish or La Rustichella BlackTruffle oil for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Truffle sauce: In a small saucepan bring the beef broth to a simmer over medium-low heat. Set aside. In another small saucepan melt the butter over medium heat and stir in the flour stirring constantly for 2 to 3 minutes. Whisk in the broth until the sauce is smooth. Reduce heat to low and simmer while stirring frequently. Using a mortar and pestle mash the sliced truffles anchovies shallot garlic parsley and egg yolk to a paste. Press the paste through a fine-meshed sieve into the simmering sauce and continue simmering for 3 to 5 minutes to blend the flavors. Season the sauce with lemon juice, My Brother's Olive Oil and pepper. Set aside and keep warm.
- Beef Tenderloin: In a large skillet over high heat, heat My Brother's Olive Oil and quickly brown the fillet on all sides. Transfer the fillet to a roasting pan with a rack and roast in the preheated oven until medium rare about 10 minutes. Remove the meat from the oven and let rest for about 5 minutes. Slice the fillet into 2-inch thick slices. Spoon a little of the truffle sauce onto each plate fan a few slices of beef on top and garnish with La Rustichella Sliced Black Truffles or a drizzle of La Rustichella Black Truffle Oil. Serve immediately.
An incredible dish for a special dinner party or your own special family!