Easy Weekday Dinners : Spaghetti with Reggiano Parmigiano
Spaghetti with Reggiano ParmigianoCOOKING TIME: 20 Minutes
SERVING SIZE: 4
- 2 tbsp My Brother's olive oil
- 8 oz pancetta or bacon with the rind removed cut into 1 inch cubes
- 8 oz Isola Spaghetti
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups freshly grated Reggiano Parmigiano cheese
- In a large skillet over low heat, heat the olive oil and sauté the pancetta. Increase heat to medium and continue cooking until the pancetta or bacon browns. Remove all but 1 tablespoon of the fat.
- Cook the spaghetti in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain reserving 1/4 cup of the pasta water. Add the reserved pasta water to the pan with the pancetta or bacon and stir.
- Add the spaghetti and toss. Twirl the spaghetti into four warmed pasta bowls. Add salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with the cheese and serve.
A simple yet delicious way to enjoy great pasta. Toss in a little Italian parsley, basil or cilantro if desired. Simply delicious!