Flavors of Autumn : Gourmet Ice Cream With Organic Cream of Balsamic
Gourmet Ice Cream With Organic Cream of BalsamicCOOKING TIME: 3 1/2 hours
SERVING SIZE: 8
- 1 Container of Isola Organic Cream of Wildberry Balsamic
- 3 cups of whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 Table spoon of Vanilla or 1 Vanilla Bean
- 1 vanilla bean
- 5 large egg yolks
- In a large saucepan whisk the milk, cream, sugar, salt and vanilla until well mixed.
- Stir over medium heat until the sugar is completely dissolved for no longer than four minutes.
- In another bowl add egg yolks and slowly pour in one cup of the hot milk mixture.
- Once fully mixed add entire mixture to saucepan and whisk over medium heat for 8 minutes.
- The texture should be thickened before draining it to remove solid chunks. Chill smooth mixture for 8-24 hours.
- Pour into electric ice cream maker
- Whisk together first 5 ingredients in a large, heavy saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, 4 minutes, or until sugar dissolves and mixture is hot. Gradually whisk about 1 cup hot milk mixture into yolks. Whisk yolk mixture into remaining milk mixture. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, 8 to 10 minutes or until mixture thickens and coats a spoon.
- Pour through a fine wire-mesh strainer into a bowl, discarding solids. Cool completely. Place in the freezer for an hour. Stir mixture with a spatula or beater before placfing back in the freezer. Repeat process every 30-45 minutes for three hours.
- Serve ice cream with Isola Organic Cream of Balsamic drizzle!
Also try your favorite store bought ice cream and gelato flavors with fresh fruit like oranges or berries and Organic Cream of Balsamic drizzleAdd Recipe Kit To Cart