Flavors of Autumn : Ravioli Di Zucca (Pumpkin Ravioli) with Truffle
Ravioli Di Zucca (Pumpkin Ravioli) with TruffleCOOKING TIME: 20 Minutes
SERVING SIZE: 4
- 3 oz pumpkin roasted and peeled
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 3 tbsp ricotta cheese
- Pinch of sea salt
- black pepper
- 8 oz fresh pasta dough (see Recipe under Pasta Section)
- 1 whole egg beaten
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp grated Reggiano parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp butter unsalted
- 1 sprig sage
- 1 tbsp toasted chopped walnuts
- 3 oz of White Pumpkin Truffle Spread
- In a mixing bowl place roasted pumpkin, white pumpkin truffle spread, ricotta, parmesan cheese, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt and pepper.
- Mix all ingredients with a fork until mixture is smooth, adjust the seasoning and set aside.
- Roll out the pasta dough to desired thickness and cut in half width wise. Then brush one side with mixture of the egg and water.
- With a pastry bag fill with the pumpkin filling.
- Put a quarter size dollar of the pumpkin puree one half inch apart from each other. Do this in a uniform pattern. When you are finished, take the other half of the dough and place over the side with the filling.
- Run your fingers over the edges of the dough to seal and then cut into desired shape.
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water drop the ravioli's in one at a time and cook for about three minutes.
- In a large sauté pan add 2 tablespoons of butter, a touch of water, sage sprig and the toasted walnuts and bring to a boil. When the sauce has emulsified, take off heat and toss with the ravioli.
- Garnish with fresh grated Reggiano Parmesan.
Add Recipe Kit To Cart
Compliments of Tony Priolo Executive Chef & Owner Piccolo Sogno