Flavors of Autumn : Sweet Potato, Orange and Pumpkin Truffle Soup
Sweet Potato, Orange and Pumpkin Truffle SoupCOOKING TIME: 30 Minutes
SERVING SIZE: 2-3
- 3/4 Pint of Vegetable Stock
- 1 Orange zested and juiced
- 1/2 Chopped Onion
- 1 Cup of Peeled and Cubed Sweet Potatoes
- 3 Tablespoons of Isola Garlic Olive Oil
- Pinch of Sea Salt (Truffle for more flavor)
- 3 oz of White Truffle Pumpkin Spread
- Pinch of Pepper
- Fresh of Coriander (garnish)
- 1 oz of pumpkin seeds
- Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a large pan.
- Add the onion and cook until softened (about 5 Minutes).
- Add the chopped sweet potatoes, the orange zest and juice, garlic and vegetable stock.
- Season to taste with the salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 20 mins or until sweet potato are tender.
- Turn off the heat and use mixer to fully blend potatoes.
- In a frying pan add 1 tablespoon of oil, the pumpkin seeds and sea salt.
- Cook for 2-3 mins, shaking the pan, until the pumpkin seeds begin to pop and turn brown.
- Serve the soup in warm bowls, add a spoon full of pumpkin spread, sprinkled with the pumpkin seeds and a couple of coriander sprigs.
A wonderful soup for when it starts to get cold outside, this soup is full of flavor!