For Your Crockpot : Classic Marinara Sauce
Classic Marinara SauceCOOKING TIME: 1 hour
SERVING SIZE: 6
- Garlic (3 cloves)
- 1/2 Diced Onion
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground pepper
- 3 oz of tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 1 teaspoon of basil
- 1 teaspoon of parsley
- 3 Cans of Isola San Marzano Tomatoes
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 2 Tablespoons of My Brothers Olive Oil
- Fresh Basil
- Isola Imports Basil Pesto with Fennel (optional)
- Isola Imports Spaghetti
- Saute the half diced onion with olive oil until little brown, add garlic (3 cloves) in a sauce pan, add kosher salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer sauteed garlic to crock pot.
- Add tomato paste, oregano, basil, and parsley and stir until smooth.
- Add two pounds of San Marzano tomatoes drained, and add one not drained.
- Add two bay leaves to sauce for additional flavor and cook for one hour on low heat, stirring every so often.
- Remove bay leaves before serving and add fresh basil or more parsley for additional flavor.
- Serve on pasta, steak, chicken or meatballs.
For even more basil flavor underneath the pasta add a layer of Isola Imports Basil Pesto with Fennel, it trully adds to the dish.Add Recipe Kit To Cart
A wonderful tomato to cook into sauce and easy to do so!