For Your Crockpot : Italian Homemade Meatballs
Italian Homemade MeatballsCOOKING TIME: 4 1/2 hours
SERVING SIZE: 6-8
- 1/3 cup crushed crouton sticks
- 2 tablespoons My Brothers olive oil
- 1 diced onion
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 pound of ground pork
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of Fresh parsely
- 3 cloves of crushed garlic
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoons of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of Italian herb seasoning
- 2 tablespoons of Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese
- 1 can Isola Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 jar of Isola Tomato Puree
- 1 Jar of Isola Marinara Tomato Sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspooon of crushed red pepper flakes
1) In a large bowl add the beef, pork, eggs, onions, pepper, salt, parsley, cheese, garlic and crouton sticks.
2) Use Olive Oil to lightly coat a baking pan.
3) With your hands blend the meat mixture and create 1-2 inch balls then place them onto the baking sheet.
4) Broil the meat balls for five minutes on each side in the oven.
5) Carefully move the meatballs to a slow cooker. Top with the crushed tomatoes, tomato puree, tomato sauce, bay leaves, red pepper flakes and Italian seasoning.
6) Cover the pot and cook for 4 hours on low. Be careful when stirring the meatballs to avoid breaking them.
7) Add salt and pepper to taste and serve!Add Recipe Kit To Cart