Gluten Free : Chicken with Basil Pesto & Fresh Fennel Tapenade
Chicken with Basil Pesto & Fresh Fennel TapenadeCOOKING TIME: 60 Minutes
SERVING SIZE: 4
- 5 tbsp Isola P.O.D. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium onion cut into large pieces
- 4 to 6 cloves Orto Marinated Garlic
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 oz Isola Signature Basil Pesto & Fresh Fennel Tapenade
- 3 oz white wine (optional) or 3 oz chicken broth
- 1 - 14 oz can Isola Cherry Tomatoes
- Parmigiano Reggiano to taste
- Heat the Isola P.O.D. Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a large skillet over low heat and sauté the onion and Orto Marinated Garlic until nicely browned about 8 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium add chicken breasts and cook until just browned.
- Add the 3 oz white wine or 3 oz chicken broth to de-glaze skillet cook about another 5 minutes.
- Carefully split each breast so that a pocket is formed (they will be hot). Stuff the chicken breasts equally with the 6 oz Isola Signature Basil Pesto with Fresh Fennel.
- Transfer contents of skillet to an oven-proof dish lay chicken breasts on mixture and top with Isola's Cherry Tomatoes salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake at 325 until done about 30 minutes.
- Top with grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and serve with a green salad a side of pasta and fine Italian bread!
One of Giovanni's favorites!