Gluten Free : Polenta with Tomatoes
Polenta with TomatoesCOOKING TIME: 40 Minutes
SERVING SIZE: 2
- 2 1/4 cups of Water
- 1 Cup of Milk
- 1 Cup of Polenta
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Basil
- 2 Tablespoons of Butter
- 1 - 14 oz can Isola Cherry Tomatoes
- Drizzle My Brothers Olive Oil to Taste
- 1 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Grease an 8x8 inch baking dish.
- Place the water, milk, and butter in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the polenta and stir with a wooden spoon until thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup of Cheese.
- Transfer ingredients from bowl in the greased pan.
- Bake the polenta in the preheated oven until bubbly and beginning to brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Decoratively arrange the slices of tomato over the top of the polenta, spread the remaining basil leaves over the tomatoes, and sprinkle with 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Return to the oven and bake until the tomatoes are warm and the Parmesan cheese is bubbly, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and even disperse onto serving plates. Drizzle Olive Oil onto each piece and season with salt and pepper to taste.