Gluten Free : Shrimp and Red Peppers in Basil Pesto
Shrimp and Red Peppers in Basil PestoCOOKING TIME: 30 Minutes
SERVING SIZE: 2
- 2 tbsp Isola My Brother's Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves of garlic; halved
- 1.5 oz thinly sliced bell peppers
- 8 Shrimp or Prawns large peeled and de-veined
- 1/3 cup Chardonnay Wine
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6oz Isola Basil Pesto
- Heat olive oil in a saute' pan add one garlic clove and the Red Bell Peppers. Cook for a few minutes and set them aside.
- In the same pan add more olive oil and bring to temperature. Add the second clove of garlic and Scampi. Cook till opaque season with salt and pepper.
- Deglaze the pan with wine and when the alcohol has evaporated add the Red Bell Peppers. Cook one more minute, and allow the flavors to blend.
- Remove from the heat and stir the Basil Pesto with the Scampi.
- Serve immediately.
This dish is the inspiration of a trip to Cinque Terre. Locals love basil pesto which is paired with almost anything. Here it is simply paired with Scampi and Red Bell Peppers.