Gourmet Meals : Baked Penne with Calamari and Peas
Baked Penne with Calamari and PeasCOOKING TIME: 60 Minutes
SERVING SIZE: 4
- 6 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 cup Isola cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup blanched fresh peas or frozen peas, defrosted
- 2 Tbsp hand-torn fresh basil leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 package of Isola Calamari Salad
- 1/2 cup dry white Italian wine
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 lb Isola Bronze dried penne
- 1/4 cup dry white Italian breadcrumbs, divided
- In a covered pasta pot over high heat, bring water to a rapid boil.
- In a large saute pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and tomatoes and cook, stirring, until onion is soft and tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add peas and basil and cook, stirring, until vegetables are soft and tender, about 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add and wine, stir and cook until calamari are half-cooked (barely opaque). Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add salt and penne to the boiling water and cook, uncovered, over high heat until pasta is almost al dente. Scoop out about 1 cup of the pasta cooking water and set aside. Drain pasta.
- Return saute pan to low heat. Add 2 Tbsp of the reserved pasta water and penne and, using a wooden spoon, toss to coat evenly, adding more pasta water if necessary.
- Sprinkle prepared dish with half of the breadcrumbs. Add penne mixture and sprinkle with remaining breadcrumbs.
- Bake in preheated oven until top is golden brown, about 35 minutes. Serve immediately.
Add Recipe Kit To Cart
Recipe from: Inspired by Quartino Ristorante, Chicago, IL Chef John Coletta