Gourmet Meals : Basil Shrimp Pesto Pasta
Basil Shrimp Pesto PastaCOOKING TIME: 45 Minutes
SERVING SIZE: 4
- 1/4 cup pinenuts
- 2 cups tightly packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 garlic clove; peeled
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 1/3 cups Isola My Brother's Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2/3 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1 package of Isola Trofie Pasta
- 1/2 of peeled shrimp
- 1 cup of cauliflower
- In a shallow pan lightly toast the pine nuts for a few minutes and let cool.
- In a food processor add the pine nuts, fresh basil leaves, (washed and dried) the garlic, salt and pepper. Process till a paste forms (be careful because this is a quick process) and start to add the olive oil. As soon as this starts to emulsify stop. Take it out of the food processor and pour it into a bowl.
- Toast Shrimp and cooked cauliflower lightly in shallow pan.
- Add Cheese, shrimp and califlower to sauce. Note: this is the classic recipe if you think the extra virgin olive oil is too strong for your taste mix it with vegetable oil. Also the basil can be mixed with fresh Italian parsley (flat leaf parsley).
- Add to cooked pasta and serve.