Gold-Extruded Caserrece Pasta made from Organic Flour with Asparagus Tips & Lemon
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Serving Size: 5
16 ounces caserecce pasta (a twisted, rolled tube of pasta – can be store bought)
For homemade pasta: Organic Farro Flour
For homemade pasta: Organic Bean Flour
3 Tablespoons plus 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
2 Tablespoons My Brothers Italian extra virgin olive oil
1/2 ounce peeled whole garlic cloves
1 cup fresh pencil-thin asparagus tips (about 2-inches long), halved lengthwise
1 cup fresh pencil-thin asparagus spears, tough ends trimmed, spears cut on the bias into 1/16-inch slices
6 Tablespoons Italian butter
1 1/4 cups freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano plus more for serving
Finely grated zest from 2 lemons
1/8 teaspoon fresh black pepper
5 ounces fresh ricotta cheese
- In an 8-quart pot, bring 6 quarts of water to a boil over high heat.
- Add the pasta and 3 Tablespoons salt and lower the heat to medium. Allow the pasta to cook to the al dente stage, 10 to 14 minutes, depending on the dryness of the pasta.
- In the meantime, place a 12-inch, heavy-bottom sauté pan over medium heat. Add the olive oil and garlic and stir with a wooden spoon. Cook until the garlic cloves are light golden brown.
- Discard the garlic and retain the olive oil. Add the asparagus tips and bias-cut asparagus and allow to cook slowly.
- Add the al dente pasta and toss to combine.
- Add the butter, 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano, lemon zest and season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and black pepper.
- The sauce should evenly coat the pasta while maintaining its natural viscosity. On a warm serving dish, sprinkle half of the remaining grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.
- Transfer the pasta preparation to the dish. Top with the remaining grated cheese and dollops of ricotta. Grate additional cheese over each individual serving, if desired.
- See the step by step video here when Chef Coletta visited the WGNTV lunchbreak set: http://wgntv.com/2017/02/24/lunchbreak-gold-extrud...
Thank you to Chef John Coletta for sharing this Recipe with us!
Quartino Ristorante & Wine Bar
626 N. State Street
Quartino’s lunch special: Monday through Friday from 11am to 3pm, 2 people can share 3 courses, including the house made pastas, for just $25.
Quartino is a great late-night spot, as the kitchen is open until 1am during the week and 2am on Fridays and Saturdays.
Add Recipe Kit To Cart