Gourmet Meals : Penne with Shrimp, Zucchini and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Penne with Shrimp, Zucchini and Sun-Dried TomatoesCOOKING TIME: 30 Minutes
SERVING SIZE: 3-4
- 6 Tbsp Isola P.O.D. Signature Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup diced skin-on zucchini
- 2 Tbsp sundried tomato strips, lightly packed
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup halved (lengthwise) peeled, deveined shrimp
- 2 Tbsp hand-torn fresh basil leaves, lightly packed
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 lb dried Penne
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- In a covered pasta pot over high heat, bring water to a rapid boil.
- In a large saute pan, heat 3 tbsp of the olive oil over medium heat. Add zucchini and stir. Add sundried tomatoes and wine and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until wine is reduced by half. Add shrimp and basil and stir. Cover pan and remove from heat. Set aside.
- Add salt and penne to the boiling water and cook, uncovered, over high heat until pasta is al dente. Scoop out about 1 cup of the pasta water and set aside. Drain pasta.
- Return saute pan to high heat. Add 1/2 cup of the reserved pasta water and penne, using a wooden spoon, toss to coat evenly. Continue to cook until liquid is reduced by half and shrimp are cooked through but not rubbery, about 3 minutes. Drizzle with remaining oil and season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss well.
- Transfer to a large serving bowl and serve immediately.
Recipe from: 250 True Italian Pasta Dishes, inspired by Quartino Ristorante, Chicago, IL Chef John Coletta