Gourmet Meals : Potato Gnocchi with Dolce Gorgonzola Sauce
Potato Gnocchi with Dolce Gorgonzola SauceCOOKING TIME: 40 Minutes
SERVING SIZE: 2-3
- 1 package Isola Potato Gnocchi
- 4 quarts water lightly salted for boiling
- 3 to 4 oz crumbled Dolce Gorgonzola (cheese rind removed)
- 3 tbsp butter; preferably unsalted
- 1/4 cup grated Reggiano Parmigiano
- 2 Tablespoons Whole Milk
- Peheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bring salted water to a boil and drop in several gnocchi at a time. Cook until the water returns to a boil.
- When the gnocchi float to the surface of the water remove them and transfer to a casserole dish.
- For the sauce, heat butter in a skillet, add milk and slowly add in the crumbled Dolce Gorgonzola and cook slowly over low heat stirring constantly until sauce is thick and smooth.
- Pour the sauce over the gnocchi toss lightly and sprinkle with the grated Reggiano Parmigiano cheese.
- Place in oven for 30 minutes waiting for cheese sauce to lightly bubble and brown.
- Serve with a side salad or vegetable and a glass of white wine.