Gourmet Meals : Risotto Fiori di Zucchine (Risotto with Zucchini)
Risotto Fiori di Zucchine (Risotto with Zucchini)COOKING TIME: 45 Minutes
SERVING SIZE: 3 Servings (Main Dish) or 6 Servings (Side Dish)
- 2 tablespoons My Brother’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 small yellow onion, finely diced
- 1½ cup Isola Carnaroli Rice (Variation for side dish: reduce to ¾ cup)
- ½ cup dry white wine (Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Grigio or Pinot Gris)
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ½ – 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 medium sized zucchini – zested outer skin, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1. Heat 1½ tablespoons of butter and My Brother’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a medium sized saucepan or deep skillet over medium heat until sizzling. Add onion and cook until translucent.
2. Add Isola’s Carnaroli Rice and stir until the rice is well coated in olive oil.
3. Add white wine and pepper, then continue cooking until wine has evaporated.
4. Set a timer for 18-20 minutes. Then immediately add 1 cup of chicken stock to the pan. Continually stir until all stock has been absorbed. (During this time, add chicken stock, Zucchini and zest gradually – see steps 5-7).
6. Once all the chicken stock is absorbed, add zucchini, zest and 1 additional cup of chicken stock.
7. Continue adding ½ – 1 cup more stock to the pan until the timer goes off and the stock is absorbed. (To avoid rice sticking or burning, you may need to add more chicken stock.)
8. Top with grated Isola Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and the remaining 1½ tablespoons of unsalted butter, turn off heat and let rest for 3 minutes.
9. Optional: Sautée chopped pancetta in a pan with My Brother’s Olive Oil until crispy and add onto plated Risotto.
10. Optional: Add Zucchini flowers as an edible garnishAdd Recipe Kit To Cart
Isola Family Favorite
Whether you serve it as an entree or a side, this risotto is not only delicious but also beautiful! It’s a classic Italian recipe made easy, and it’s a perfect way to warm your table.