Gourmet Meals : Risotto Milanese with Shelled Shrimp
Risotto Milanese with Shelled ShrimpCOOKING TIME: 30 Minutes
SERVING SIZE: 2-3
- 1 diced onion
- 1 1/4 cup Isola Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon saffron
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 3 tablespoon of My Brothers Olive Oil
- 2 gloves of minced garlic
- 1/2 of shelled shrimp
- pinch of hot red pepper
- 1 tbsp of fresh parsley
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
- In a large sauce pan heat up two tablespoons of My Brother's Olive Oil on medium heat. Then add the onions, a pinch of salt, and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add the rice to the sauce pan and turn up the heat to medium high for three minutes, scraping the rice as it browns.
- Add the 1/4 of the white wine to the rice and continue to stir until the rice absorbs the wine.
- Heat the beef stock and saffron in a bowl next to the rice and when the wine is fully absorbed add some of the stock to the pan until the rice is covered. Stir until the stock is absorbed. Continue adding a little stock and letting it absorb.
- In a seperate pan cook the shrimp over medium heat and add a table spoon of butter and a table spoon of olive oil.
- Then add the garlic, pepper and saute the shrimp. Slowly add the rest of the white wine to the shrimp and increase the heat to medium high.
- Let the shrimp cook for 2-3 minutes and one side then flip and let cook for another minute.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper to taste, the lemon juice, and parsley.
- At this point both parts of the dish should be complete so taste the risotto to be sure it is creamy, if it taste to hard add more stock and cook.
- When the risotto is done add the butter and cheese, then top with the shrimp and its sauce.
For more flavor try adding our Roasted Garlic Butter at the end instead.Add Recipe Kit To Cart