Lunch : Eggplant Panini
Eggplant PaniniCOOKING TIME: 30 minutes
SERVING SIZE: 4
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced eggplant
- 1/4 cup of My Brother's Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1 container of Isola Bufala Mozzarella
- 1 thinly sliced tomato
- 4 ciabatta buns
- Isola Cream of Balsamic (topping)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl add olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Brush the mixture over the eggplant until well marinaded.
- Place the eggplant on a heated grill and keep brushing oil over them.
- Cook for five minutes on each side.
- On the bread brush the the bread with the olive oil on both sides.
- Assemble the sandwiches with the grilled eggplant, tomatoes, and thinly sliced mozzarella cheese.
- Place directly on the grill and press them down with a skillet.
- Flip when each side is golden, transfer to serving plate and top with Balsamic Vinegar (optional).