Lunch : Herbs Cake
Herbs CakeCOOKING TIME: 30 Minutes
SERVING SIZE: 4
- 1.5 ozs of juilienne cut bacon
- 17.5 ozs of chards
- 1.5 ozs of fontina cheese
- 1.5 ozs Parmigiano Reggiano
- 2 egg
- 1 shallot
- 7 ozs of shortcrust pastry
- Balsamic Vinegar (to taste)
- Garnish with a fresh mixed leaf salad
- Wash and prepare chards (discard hard centers).
- In a pot of boiling water dip chards in for 1 minutes. Immediately after place chards in a bowl of ice water to let cool. Squeeze them and cut roughly.
- Dice shallot and place in pot with oil and water to stew for 5 minutes.
- Brown bacon strips in a frying pan until crispy and drain excess fat.
- In a bowl combine chards, cheese, shallot, crispy bacon, 2 egss and chopped fontina cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roll out crust pastry and cover 4 little molds, previously wrapped in foil, greased and covered in flour.
- Add char mixture and sprinkle melted butter.
- Cook in oven for 25 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Garnish with a fresh mixed leaf salad.