Lunch : Pappa Al Pomodoro (Tomato Soup with Crouton Sticks)
Pappa Al Pomodoro (Tomato Soup with Crouton Sticks)COOKING TIME: 45 Minutes
SERVING SIZE: 6
- 8 tbsp My Brother's Olive Oil
- 1/2 White onion
- 3 Cloves garlic
- 6 Cups of Isola Tomato Puree (2 Jars)
- 2 1/2 Cups chicken stock
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pkge of Isola Crouton Stick
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano or dried
- Heat half of My Brother's Olive Oil in a large pan.
- Peel the onion and garlic - chop finely and saute gently in the hot oil until soft and transparent.
- Add Puree to the onion and garlic mixture in the pan and saute for 5 minutes. Then add the stock gradually. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 30 minutes. Blend until pureed.
- Pour the soup into soup dishes
- Add Isola Crouton Sticks and oregano to taste. Serve immediately. Garnish with the remaining Extra Virgin Olive Oil.