Pizza : Focaccia Pizza
Focaccia PizzaCOOKING TIME: 1 hour
SERVING SIZE: 10-12
- 2 3⁄4 cups 00 Flour
- 1 packet of active yeast
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
- 1 cup of warm water
- 3 Tablespoons of My Brothers Olive Oil
- Parmesan Cheese (topping)
- Mozzarella Cheese (topping)
- Sliced Tomatoes (topping)
- Sliced, Sauteed Onions (topping)
- Fresh Basil (topping)
- Pinch of Black Pepper
- Sea Salt (topping)
- In a bowl add the yeast and water and allow it to sit until it begins to bubble, about 10-12 minutes.
- While the yeast is sitting mix the flour, sugar, thyme, pepper, oregano, salt, and garlic powder in another bowl.
- Once the yeast is finish add to the larger bowl with a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Pull and knead the dough out until it is smooth.
- Coat with olive oil in a bowl and cover with a damp paper towel.
- Leave the dough in a warm place for 25 minutes allowing it to fully rise. Preheat the oven to 425 when the dough is almost finished.
- On a greased pan pat the dough down into a rectangle about a half of an inch high. Add small indents with your knuckle to the dough.
- Top the dough with a tablespoon of olive oil, sea salt, cheeses, tomatoes, onions, fresh basil and any other toppings.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
The origin of the pizza we know today came from