Sauces : Rigatoni with Porcini Mushroom Sauce
Rigatoni with Porcini Mushroom SauceCOOKING TIME: 40 Minutes
SERVING SIZE: 4
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 tbsp My Brothers olive oil
- 3 cups sliced button mushrooms
- 1 tsp minced fresh or 1/4 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 4 quarts water
- 3 cups uncooked Isola Rigatoni Pasta
- 1/4 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 Tablespoons of Porcini Mushroom Butter
- Combine broth and porcini mushrooms in a small microwave-safe bowl. Cover with wax paper microwave at HIGH for 2 minutes, let stand 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add Porcini Butter, rosemary, salt and garlic and sauté 3 minutes.
- Add broth mixture and porcini mushrooms to pan then remove from heat. Bring water to boil in a large stockpot. Add Tortiglioni return to a boil.
- Cook uncovered for 10 minutes or until al dente stirring occasionally then drain. Stir Rigatoni Pasta into mushroom mixture cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Stir in cheese parsley and pepper.
Intensely flavored dried porcini mushrooms mixed with button mushrooms give this dish an authentic Tuscan taste. You can use any dried mushroom but authentic Italian porcini make the price worth it!