Sauces : San Marzano Tomato Sauce
San Marzano Tomato SauceCOOKING TIME: 30 Minutes
SERVING SIZE: 3-4
- Bag of any Isola pasta
- ½ cup white wine (Pinot Grigio)
- 28 ounces Isola San Marzano Tomatoes
- 1 pinch kosher salt & pepper to taste
- 5 leaves of fresh basil
- 4 tablespoons My Brother’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium Spanish Onion sliced
- 2 cloves of chopped garlic
1. Chop up onion and garlic on a cutting board.
2. Heat 4 tablespoons of My Brother’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
3. In a separate pot, prepare the Isola pasta of your choice according to the directions.
4. Add the sliced onion to the sauce pan and sauté until soft. Then add the garlic until it begins to sizzle (do not let brown).
5. Slowly add the white wine into the oil, garlic and onion. Stir constantly to let the alcohol reduce and saturate.
6. Add the Isola San Marzano Tomatoes and juice into the mixture and gently smash them.
7. Add kosher salt and pepper to taste, then top off sauce with 2 basil leaves allowing them to sink into sauce.
8. Simmer over moderate heat for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally to keep from burning.
9. Pour the sauce over the prepared Isola Pasta you’ve prepared after discarding the whole basil leaves.
10. Add fresh chopped basil and cheese to finish and serve!Add Recipe Kit To Cart
Isola Family Favorite
One of the most esteemed Italian recipes, Pomodoro Pasta isn’t as difficult as it seems! Use this easy recipe to prepare an authentic Italian meal that’s sure to impress. While this recipe is vegetarian, feel free to add chicken or meatballs for a heartier dish.