Sauces : Spaghetti All’Amatriciana
Spaghetti All’AmatricianaCOOKING TIME: 1 hour
SERVING SIZE: 4-6
- 3/4 cup Guanciale; finely chopped
- 1/8 cup of My Brother's Olive oil
- 1/8 tsp Pepper; red; flakes or peperocino (chili pepper)
- 1/2 cup of Wine; dry; red or white
- 1 can of Isola San Marzano Tomatoes
- Salt (for taste)
- 1 lb of Isola Spaghetti
- 1 cup of Parmigiano Reggiano
- In a heavy bottom saute pan, add the guanciale, Olive Oil., chili and cook over a medium flame for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon.
- Add the wine and cook for another 2 minutes until the wine is reduced to 2 tablespoons.
- Add the tomatoes and reduce to a low flame and simmer for 45 minutes until reduced by half.
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water (2 gallons) until barely al dente.
- Transfer the pasta to the saute pan containing the Amatriciana sauce. Cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add 6 tablespoons of the freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese to the pasta, toss and serve on a warm dinner plate.
- Serve the remaining Parmigiano Reggiano on the side.