AUTHENTIC ITALIAN PRODUCTS
We hand-select our products directly from Italy's regions known for their native flavors and distinctive products.
POTATO GNOCCHI WITH DOLCE GORGONZOLA SAUCECooking Time:
40 MinutesServing Size:
- 1 package Isola Potato Gnocchi
- 4 quarts water lightly salted for boiling
- 3 to 4 oz crumbled Dolce Gorgonzola (cheese rind removed)
- 3 tbsp butter; preferably unsalted
- 1/4 cup grated Reggiano Parmigiano
- 2 Tablespoons Whole Milk
- Peheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bring salted water to a boil and drop in several gnocchi at a time. Cook until the water returns to a boil.
- When the gnocchi float to the surface of the water remove them and transfer to a casserole dish.
- For the sauce, heat butter in a skillet, add milk and slowly add in the crumbled Dolce Gorgonzola and cook slowly over low heat stirring constantly until sauce is thick and smooth.
- Pour the sauce over the gnocchi toss lightly and sprinkle with the grated Reggiano Parmigiano cheese.
- Place in oven for 30 minutes waiting for cheese sauce to lightly bubble and brown.
- Serve with a side salad or vegetable and a glass of white wine.
PAPPA AL POMODORO (TOMATO SOUP WITH CROUTON STICKS)
Cooking Time: 45 MinutesServing Size:
- 8 tbsp My Brother's Olive Oil
- 1/2 White onion
- 3 Cloves garlic
- 6 Cups of Isola Tomato Puree (2 Jars)
- 2 1/2 Cups chicken stock
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pkge of Isola Crouton Stick
- 6 Basil leaves
- Heat half of My Brother's Olive Oil in a large pan.
- Peel the onion and garlic - chop finely and saute gently in the hot oil until soft and transparent.
- Add Puree to the onion and garlic mixture in the pan and saute for 5 minutes. Then add the stock gradually. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 30 minutes. Blend until pureed.
- Chop the basil leaves. Pour the soup into soup dishes and add Isola Crouton Sticks and the basil leaves. Serve immediately. Garnish with the remaining Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
If you have Isola's Cream of Balsamic this make a great topping also.
For Nutrition Facts visit each product page or contact us:
Isola Tomato Puree
Isola Fresh Gnocchi
Isola Kalamata Olive Tapenade
Isola Cheese Bruschetta
Isola My Brother Olive Oil
Isola Lemon Ricotta
Casa Giulia Wildberry Jam